Sunday, December 18, 2011

_the Galactic Empire of the art store universe_

I've been spending a great deal of time at Michael's (the arts and crafts store) lately. While I know they're the Galactic Empire of the art store universe, I can't justify paying 2x the prices at local art stores for supplies I will only use to make some crap art. So there we were again, 50% off couponing at Michael's, when I picked up a set of 12 tubes of watercolours for $3.66. I haven't played with watercolours in almost 10 years, and my clear lack of understanding of how to use them is evident in the piece below. But while it was a lesson in frustration last night, I did also enjoy the whole learning process.

Img160

I particularly like the subtle use of colour in her skin and lips, but do wish I could erase or at least lighten the dark blue shadows immediately next to her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment