Monday, August 4, 2014

Suburban Banality

These are panoramas of my little piece of suburbia in Panorama Hills. Panorama panoramas. Cause they're panos… of Panorama… oh forget it. I give up. That's the kind of weekend it's been. We had grand plans to scramble up Fortress Mountain via the Headwall Lakes approach, and exit out the Chester Lake route. It was going to be amazing. But instead, thunderstorms over the mountains kept us at home in suburban banality.

Desperate to do something, ANYTHING, related to photography - I marched out across the street and shot these panos. And if they look boring, well, that pretty much sums up life in the 'burbs. Notice how all the houses look pretty much the same? Coming home, I regularly drive past our house before realizing I've overshot, because I can't tell it apart from the others on the block. Facepalm.

Suburban Banality

Suburban Banality

Suburban Banality

Suburban Banality
You really should click on these to see them large.

All photos taken with the Holga 120N on Ilford HP5+. Developed in Blazinol (Rodinal), 1+25 for 8 mins at 68 deg. F.

No comments:

Post a Comment