Sunday, April 26, 2015

Photographing the Pupils, Part VII - A Party of Photography and Politics

A crony of my riding's PC MLA came by today to solicit my 'support' for them. All I wanted to do was shout obscenities at him, but I couldn't bring myself to even say anything impolite, and instead just asked him to move on. What's wrong with me? Talk about failing to seize the moment... But it pleases me to no end that Prentice got his ass handed to him during the leaders debate last week. If I were to write a tagline for what happened, it would read "Prentice, prick PC Premier, performs pompously; party polls poorly."

While teaching a class on Saturday, one of my students asked me what I thought of the debate. I was a little wary of how to answer this, because talking politics can either forge bonds from the hate for a common enemy, or ignite fireworks of righteous indignation and sour relationships. Luckily we were very much on the same page, and we all agreed that Prentice is an out of touch and arrogant expletive deleted. Haters unite! Get out and cast your ballot on May 5, and stick it to this cockface!

And here are my students from said class. Photos taken with the Hasselblad 500CM, on Ilford Delta 400 film. Souped in Rodinal 1+24, for 9:00min at 68 deg. F.

Mosaic

Photographing the Pupils, Part VII-1

Photographing the Pupils, Part VII-5

Photographing the Pupils, Part VII-4

Photographing the Pupils, Part VII-2

Photographing the Pupils, Part VII-3

Photographing the Pupils, Part VII-6
Note to students: pay attention to your composition - a shoot through umbrella should not be part of your final portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment