Thursday, May 14, 2020

Life in Lockdown

I've spent the past 30 minutes trying to find something meaningful to say... but the words aren't coming. So instead, here's a random list of facts about me from the past couple months of lockdown:

I baked more in these eight weeks than the past eight years.
I gained at least 5 pounds from beer and bread.
I averaged barely 300 steps a day for a few weeks.
I had enough hair to qualify me for Korean Boy Band status.
I have been leading a team of 25 people to help with Contact Tracing for Covid cases.
I discovered I detest burpees.
We've had to cancel our trip to Scandinavia.
I went 6 weeks without a proper bowl of pho.
I have severely missed going out for a pint with all of you.

What about you guys? Tell me about a high or low of your past two months.

With the gradual relaxation in restrictions, we have plans for another summit this coming long weekend. All is starting to feel right in the world again. Photos below from last weekend's hike up to the Col between Goat Mountain and Yamnuska.

Scrambles - Goat Col - May 2020-4

Scrambles - Goat Col - May 2020-5

Scrambles - Goat Col - May 2020-2

Scrambles - Goat Col - May 2020-1

Scrambles - Goat Col - May 2020-16

Scrambles - Goat Col - May 2020-14

Scrambles - Goat Col - May 2020-15

Scrambles - Goat Col - May 2020-6

Scrambles - Goat Col - May 2020-7

Scrambles - Goat Col - May 2020-10

Scrambles - Goat Col - May 2020-11

Scrambles - Goat Col - May 2020-12
Summit Brew: Vice and Virtue's The Supplier IPA.

Scrambles - Goat Col - May 2020-13

No comments:

Post a Comment