Friday, January 30, 2009

Life as Art


Figure Drawing 1, originally uploaded by iHeartDimSum.

Okay, first off, I'm a moron. I wanted my domain to be 2Litresofsoysauce.blogspot.com, but somehow, I ended up with an extra 'com' in there (see address bar above).

So, back to this post. I always wanted to be an artist. Loved drawing from a very early age, but was never technically any good at it. It's tough to become a good artist when your parents actively discourage the pursuit as a waste of time ("you'll never make any money with that"). So after years of doodling in the margins of my notebooks at school but never taking any actual art instruction, I eventually gave up the dream of being an artist. I'm now 28, newly married, have a career and am financially established... I no longer have to ignore the creative aspect of my life any longer. Although at this age, I will never become a full blown artist oozing buckets of talent, I can at least see myself progressing again in skill level.

Not to get all 'Moral of the story' on you, but if you feel art is your calling, then don't let anyone stop you from chasing that dream.



Figure Drawing 2                Figure Drawing 3

No comments:

Post a Comment