Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fooding Japan!!

I've really neglected to share any photos of our experience in Japan, and will try to rectify that over the coming weeks. A huge part of any visit to a foreign country is to experience the culinary fare. Japan was everything I had expected and more. The food was delicious, fresh, colourful, sometimes strange, often raw, always packaged and/or presented beautifully, not always identifiable, and in the case of fugu (puffer fish) - potentially deadly.

For you unadventurous fooders out there, enjoy a DERICIOUS food feast in photos:


Onigiri (rice balls)


Beeru! (Sold at 7-Eleven)


Pork Ramen (ordered through a ticket vending machine)


One of hundreds of displays at an upscale-ish deli in Tokyo


Bento from said upscale deli


Pork Cutlet Ramen with Miso Soup


Menu for Sushi Breakfast at Tsukiji Fish Market


McMilk!!


McHotDog?! There was a McPork too, but I forgot to photo it.


Nigiri Sushi (clockwise) - Crab Innards, Shako (Mantis Shrimp), Abalone, a Cannabis leaf(?!) and some exotic clam


FUGU (Puffer Fish) Sashimi


FUGU cooked in a hot broth


No readey Nihongo, Gaijin? No probrem. Prease order finger pointy.


The milk as MILKED. I'm so glad.


Udon! Oooo....don. I miss you.


Some Korean rice dish... there was no Engris on the menu, so I don't know what it was.


FUGU (Puffer Fish) cooked over hot stones.

Hope you enjoyed your visual feast. I know I sure enjoyed eating these things. Especially the abalone nigiri sushi. Wow, was that to seppuku for!

G'night,
-George-san

No comments:

Post a Comment