Monday, August 10, 2009

Parting is such sweet sorrow

An uncle, aunt, and four cousins flew home to Belgium tonight via Calgary airport. And while I barely had a weekend to spend with them, it was lots of fun, and I'm really sad to see them go. They say parting is such sweet sorrow, and it truly is. I used to think that crying in the airport was for sissies, but as I grow older I realize that the time that we have together is limited by all those little things that life throws at you, and I start to feel more emotional about my family. I wish there was some way that we could all live closer together so that seeing each other wouldn't involve passports, 'random' patdowns at security, 9 hour transatlantic flights, and all that other jazz that travelling involves.

Enough with the sappy, on with some snappy. As promised, a few photos from my last day in Vancouver, spent with our good friends Ray and Yasko (unfortunately, Yasko had to work). The feathery looking debris is some dead bird carcass we found along the seawall. The bokeh shots of the creepy cocoon things are from an art piece we saw on Granville Island that was inspired by silk worms. And aren't those asparagus cement trucks just rad?
























Photos of the Lee-Tang wedding to come perhaps... tomorrow? G'night folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment