Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cheddar Beer Bread

I'm on a bit of a yeast kick this week - my little yeasties are busy bubbling away in a cauldron as they ferment the 23 litres of water, malt and sugar into beer (check in with me a month later, and I'll tell you how the brew turned out). And then I decided I'd try out a Cheddar Beer Bread recipe tonight. Now all I need is to get a yeast infection, and my Yeast Triumvirate of Awesomeness will be complete...

Recipe:
3 cups Flour
3 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Oil
1 cup Grated Old Cheddar
1 can Room Temperature Beer

Stir flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Add oil and beer, mixing just until blended (dough will be lumpy). Bake in greased loaf pan @ 375F for 40-45 min. Crack a beer and serve. Delish!


Recipe stolen from an insert in the Calgary Herald.

No comments:

Post a Comment