Monday, January 16, 2012

Back and Jetlagged

So we got in last night at 2am after a 3 week adventure in Taiwan and Hong Kong, where I had the opportunity to go on an evening photo walk with a group of amazing street photographers. Unfortunately, after having seen some of the mind-blowing results they got from that evening, I'm now dreading seeing my film once I get it developed, cause I know they'll be complete shite in comparison.

Anyways, I bought a couple of portable LED lamps on the cheap from somewhere in Sham Sui Bo in Hong Kong, and wanted to test them out. I rarely do self portraits cause I hate how vain they make me feel. But Anita isn't a willing model at the best of times, and she's jet lagged like a mofo, so you get two shots of me instead.

Set up: overhead soft lamp, dimmed. LED with barn doors to camera left. Second LED behind subject, elevated and to camera right. Shot with a Nikon D300 and Voigtlander 58mm f/1.4 Nokton lens.

Selfy - 2

Selfy

Stay tuned for some vacay photos soon.

4 comments:

  1. Dude comes back from hong kong and he's dressing like Kai Wong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kai Wong comes back from dude and he's dressing like hong kong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm back from Hong Kong and love that you guys wrote me a rap song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's more like the Hong Kong Fonz... Ahhh

    ReplyDelete