Monday, December 16, 2013

From Chile to Chilly!

We've returned from our month long adventure in South America (mostly Chile, with a brief stint in Argentina). And while we were dreading leaving the 30+ degree weather in Chile to return to the -30 degree cold of wintery Alberta, we were greeted instead with a mild and balmy +7 and sunny blue skies on our return yesterday. I'd like to think that we brought the warm weather back with us. You're welcome.

There are 18 rolls of film to be developed, and far more digital photos to sort through, so it may be a while before I start unloading a bunch here for you to see. In the meantime, here's a quick set I shot surreptitiously with my iPhone of a three piece band playing an impromptu show on the Subte (Metro) in Buenos Aires. I shot these clandestinely only because we were running low on Argentinian Pesos to give them when they finished their set and came with caps in hand. Street performers are probably used to people thoroughly enjoying their shows, only to have those same people conveniently have to take a phone call, or otherwise walk away when the time comes for donations/ collections. I'm not sure that me pretending to not be watching/ enjoying their show (while actually taking photos of it) was any better than pretending I had an incoming call when the show ended, but whatever...

Buenos Aires Impromptu Show-3

Buenos Aires Impromptu Show-2

Buenos Aires Impromptu Show

Buenos Aires Impromptu Show-4

No comments:

Post a Comment