Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Chairman Mach, The Great Helmsman

Comrades!! George Mach Photography Inc. is now a thing. For real. I'm filing to become a corporation. Partly for tax purposes, but MOSTLY because I want to give myself the title of Chairman. Chairman Mach has a certain authoritative (dictatorial!) ring to it. The great helmsman. No, wait, the Great HelmsMach!

Anita wasn't in the mood to sit for a portrait last night, so I had to mess around with the wifi mode of the Fuji XT-1 to take this self-portrait. The wifi mode lets you remotely trigger the camera via a smartphone app. The way the camera and app connect is a bit clumsy (like I've had three and a half pints clumsy) but once connected, it works fairly smoothly.

The Chairman
The Self Portrait

Strobist: Nikon SB-800 speedlight and shoot through umbrella to camera right, triggered via Cactus V5's, with the Fuji XT-1 and Fujinon XF 56mm f/1.2. Fuji XT-1 triggered remotely via the iPhone in my hand.

1 comment:

  1. I like the clenched right hand and the distracted left. The book shelves in the background are a nice touch (everyone loves an EDUCATED dictator). I expect great thing Chairman Mach, by that I mean prints, not this tech nonsense.

    -Cody

    ReplyDelete