Sunday, October 18, 2015

Gregg and Erin's Wedding Photobooth

A beautiful ceremony, a delicious catered family style meal, a great DJ, and most importantly, getting to celebrate Gregg and Erin's wedding in the company of all of our lifelong friends. 30 years of brotherly bond provided an incredible camaraderie and intimacy to this event that ended with us dancing to classical wedding songs such as Limp Bizkit's Nookie, and the Ghostbusters theme song. Yeah, bet you wish you were there now.

We set up the photobooth after dinner, and while there were hundreds of shots taken, these are the ones of us boys and our respective attachés. The remaining photos will end up at www.flickr.com/photos/gregganderin in a couple days.

ErggWedding - Photobooth-15
The final shot of the evening. Unfortunately Kris, Clint, and Jason had left by this point, but this is us, after all these years.

ErggWedding - Photobooth-11
The evening's raison d'etre: Mr. and Mrs. Gregg Beever.

ErggWedding - Photobooth-12

ErggWedding - Photobooth-1

ErggWedding - Photobooth-2

ErggWedding - Photobooth-3

ErggWedding - Photobooth-4

ErggWedding - Photobooth-5

ErggWedding - Photobooth-6

ErggWedding - Photobooth-7

ErggWedding - Photobooth-8
This has to be one of my favourite photos of all time.

ErggWedding - Photobooth-9

ErggWedding - Photobooth-10

ErggWedding - Photobooth-14

And I saved this photo specifically for last. While celebrating a beautiful wedding for one of our dearest friends, yesterday also marked the passing of Clint's father. We are deeply saddened by your loss, and all of us are thinking of you and your family. Clint wrote a powerful and moving statement, which I've copied and pasted below.

ErggWedding - Photobooth-13
One Last Time
"Never be naive and think it can't happen to me. Because without fail, there will be one last time for everything. I got to say good bye one last time to my father, a week and a bit ago. I didn't want to believe that it would be. He looked as if he still had quite of bit of strength left. But yesterday it was time for my Dad to be at peace. That last good bye for me made all the difference in the world. If I didn't go to see him, this transition would have almost been unbearable to make. There are no words to describe losing a mentor, your best friend to help guide you through life, your father. Raymond Leslie Lever with the short time I did have with you, I couldn't have been more proud to call you Dad. There is so much pain to see you go, but I feel better knowing you are in a better place.

One of the most important things my dad taught me is how important family is. So after reading this, take the extra time and let the people know who are most important to you, that you love them deeply. For you never know when that last time will come."
-Clint Lever. October 18, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment