Sunday, July 22, 2012

Quirky Vancouver, pt. 3

This one isn't so much of a quirk than it is a "WTF?! Did you for real just ask that?!" type of story. We were killing a few minutes in between eating a pre-supper meal and meeting up with friends to eat another meal (I'm a fatass!), so we walked into the John Fluevog store in Gastown. The store design is awesome, the shoes are funky, and even I found myself thinking I should buy some shoes. So I settle on a pair that isn't the typical wallet busting variety Fluevog's are known for (my wallet is NOT a fatass!), and go to pay.

Clerk: That'll be $155.68. On Visa? Insert the chip.
George: *inserts chip and begins punching in PIN*
Clerk: I need to enter you into the system, can I have your name?
George: I'm George.
Clerk: And are you from Vancouver?
George: No, from Calgary.
Clerk: *eyebrows furrow, and lips tighten as she stares at her keyboard for a few seconds, furiously computing something*... then defeated, sheepishly looks up and asks, "What province is that in?"
George: *facepalm*

Anyways, this should be the last of my 'Quirky Vancouver' stories for a while. Enjoy the photos - all taken around the Old Woodwards Building site in Vancouver's downtown eastside. Shot with the Kiev 88CM on Kodak Ektar 100.

Old Woodward's Building

Old Woodward's Building

Old Woodward's Building-4

Old Woodward's Building-3

Old Woodward's Building-2

No comments:

Post a Comment