Saturday, July 14, 2012

Quirky Vancouver

While pounding up the Grouse Grind in North Vancouver last weekend, my nose picked up a familiar scent that I had never smelled halfway up a mountain before. We were stopping for a quick water break, and sat down beside a lone hiker who was having her lunch. Except that lunch didn't come in the form of a sandwich, trail mix, granola bar, jerky or any other typical hiking type foods. Rather, she pulled out a set of chopsticks, a square rubbermaid lunch container, and began to chow down on a package of deliciously savoury smelling instant ramen. My mind was bewildered and couldn't comprehend the sight. On the one hand, I suddenly found myself craving instant noodles (I LOVE THEM!), while on the other, I thought it was the funniest thing to see a little Asian lady on a steep hiking trail halfway up a mountain, slurping a bowl of Ichiban noodles.

Anyways, more shots from that roll of Fuji Neopan 400 that I had developed in Vancouver. This batch includes fooding and drinking at three different places - a coffee and wine bar in Inglewood, a Laos/ Cambodian restaurant in Edmonton, and an Indian restaurant not far from my place.

Tall Cold Drink

Fuji Neopan 400 - second batch-4

Fuji Neopan 400 - second batch

Fuji Neopan 400 - second batch-5

Fuji Neopan 400 - second batch-6

Fuji Neopan 400 - second batch-8

Fuji Neopan 400 - second batch-2

Fuji Neopan 400 - second batch-7

No comments:

Post a Comment