Sunday, March 16, 2014

1998 Was Only A Few Years Ago

We were out at hipster douche central last night (aka Urban Outfitters - don't give me that condescending look, I picked up a sweet hardcover book on The Polaroid Years on clearance for ten bucks). Anyways, I was browsing the overpriced film toy camera selection, when two dudes (maybe 18 or 19 year olds) walk by and one picks up a refurbished Polaroid camera. His friend looks at the box and goes 'What is it?' Not in an 'oh I just didn't recognize that iconic instant camera because of the refurbished packaging' type of way. He literally had NO IDEA what a Polaroid camera was. The day where future generations would grow up not knowing the magic of seeing photographs develop in front of your eyes was obviously inevitable, but somewhere in my mind, I thought this would be a decade away. Mostly because my mind still thinks that 1998 was only a few years ago.

Anyways, I've been super into instant photography lately - I've scored another Polaroid SX-70, and also a Fuji Instax Mini 90. Woo!

Instant Gratification-1
Anita and I went to Embarcadero for Big Taste YYC.

Instant Gratification-2

Instant Gratification-3
Embarcadero's Big Taste menu was decent, but not mind blowing. However, the oyster selection was awesome!

Instant Gratification-5

Instant Gratification-6

Instant Gratification-4
Occasionally, some SX-70 shots don't turn out, so you must use your imagination.

The Polaroid Years-1-2
Said sweet 'The Polaroid Years' hardcover I bought for $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment