Wednesday, June 24, 2009

HBW!

I'm not sure what it is about photographers, but they seem to really thrive on the challenges of themed photo days. Take Wednesdays for example. You and I know it as Hump Day - that uber long day of the week, where you've reached the apex of the tribulations at work, and are on the downswing towards a relaxing weekend. And if you're the randy type, hump night as well... but that should be rather self explanatory. To many photographers though, Wednesdays are not about work or the intimate extracurricular activities of the evening, but rather a chance to indulge their inner bokeh whore (bokeh = the creamy out of focus areas (that are just oh so yummy) in a photo surrounding the sharp/ in-focus parts). I usually try not to limit myself to these themed photo days, but what can I say... I'm a bokeh whore like so many others. And thus, I present to you a series I just shot with a 12mm extension tube attached to my Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8. Using this setup, shot wide open, you get a depth of field slimmer than your average bullemic. Bokeh-licious!

Sunflower (2) - HBW




Sunflower (3) - HBW


Sunflower (1) - HBW


Good night!
-G

No comments:

Post a Comment