Friday, June 19, 2009

Questionable decisions

I just returned from a week in Cornwall, Ont, and thought I'd share a story about the flight there and back. June 15/09 - the flight to Montreal was fairly uneventful. I had read the latest issue of Rolling Stone cover to cover, read the in-flight En Route magazine, and listened to the Handsome Furs Plague Park album on XM radio twice already (it was THAT good). So there was no stopping it. I HAD to watch Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li on the in flight entertainment system. I made peace with the fact that this would be the worst 97 minutes of my life since that time I watched The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift 3 times in a row on our flight over to Taipei a few years ago (really, I'm actually not this stupid most days)... but I was saved by a malfunction on my screen. The system froze, preventing me any further access to the movies or other programs on offer. I'd like to think that by not allowing me to view this program, the aviation gods were looking out for me.

June 19/09 - return flight from to Calgary. Ooh lookie! Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li is on offer again! And do you think I made any effort to stop myself from hitting the 'Watch' button? Nope. Apparently, 4 days of excessive drinking was enough to drop me into the mildly retarded category, and there I sat for 97 minutes with my face glued to this crapshoot. It was terrible. Not quite like the Van Damme Street Fighter movie terrible, but still utterly intolerable from start to finish. Just an FYI, in case any of you are planning on watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment