Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weekly Roundup


Spokes, originally uploaded by iHeartDimSum.

Okay, first things first - I just had this random thought: I wish my last name was Wu, and that Anita's last name was Tang. eh? eh? Okay, that really was dumb. So...

The above photo is an old wooden wheel that I spotted while out at a friend's parents' acreage a couple weekends ago. I love the detail and texture of the splintering wood and the peeling paint. It adds so much character. Thought I'd put a different take on it, see how it looks in B&W. What do you think?




I wasn't too keen on this one in B&W, or in straight colour, so I tried a textured treatment instead. It's over the top, but I like it.


Lastly, I've had my fair share of exotic travel over the past 8 months - Spain, New York, Japan and Hong Kong. Well, tomorrow, you can add to my list... CORNWALL, Ontario! Wee-Haw. Back in a week. Assuming I haven't drowned myself in the river out of boredom by then.

-G

No comments:

Post a Comment