Sunday, May 31, 2009

Structural Chaos


Structural Chaos, originally uploaded by iHeartDimSum.

I've been feeling sick since the end of our trip - I think I may have caught some food borne illness from a 'pasta with squid ink' dish we ate in Hong Kong the day before we flew home. My stomach feels like it's filled with all of the pipes of the above photo, and then twisted in on itself. Very fun. Definitely something you should all experience at least once. Go on... eat some raw chicken or something. The result should be similar.

Anyways, I've managed to stay awake long enough to finally do a preliminary sort through of my photos from Japan (stupid jet lag), and will present a series of them from now until pretty much eternity (30 gigs!!!). The one above was of the exoskeleton structure surrounding the West Facade of a quirky modern art gallery nestled in a maze of side streets of the Harajuku area of Tokyo. The gallery itself was interesting, but the highlight was definitely the spiderweb like monstrosity of pipes outside. Photo was processed in CS4 to give the colours a slight vintage look.

More to come later tonight. My stomach is dictating that I must return to the washroom now.

-G

No comments:

Post a Comment