Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Succulent Allure of Meaty Meatasticness

At the risk of sounding disrespectful to folks that consciously make a choice to be vegetarian, I do have to admit that I take a strange amount of delight in watching folks fall off the vegetarian bandwagon. It makes me feel less weak willed knowing that I once tried to reduce my weekly meat consumption and failed miserably when others who have been vegetarians for a long time suddenly decide they can no longer resist the succulent allure of meaty meatasticness (yes, that really should be a word). It's like that saying goes, 'Vegetables are what our food eat'. I only bring this up because we were at our friends' wedding last night, and the bride admitted to having given up her heathen ways and embracing the delicious carnivorous lifestyle. And I couldn't help but shout out a rather emphatic 'YES', as this means we could now go out for dim sum with her and her husband.






The above are photos of the many meaty things I ate during our Eastern European meat-and-beer-cation.

2 comments:

  1. yup. being a vegetarian surely is hard work and surely a discipline. WEll it feels like that for me. Maybe cos, as you have probably learned, Eastern Europeans eat meat with meat. If you get a side dish with your meal( a shit load of meat), then it's probably potatoes or peas. The meat rules the plate. actually, a few years ago when i was in eastern europe last, i ate more veggies and cheese than meat and even then they asked if i was a vegetarian BAHAHA

    and thanks for answering my question(without knowing). Dim sum has no vegetarian alternative.
    my friend at work keeps suggesting we get dim sum for lunch haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you describe the typical Eastern European diet: they 'eat meat with meat'. Brilliantly said.

    There are a few vegetarian choices at dim sum, but the majority are protein based. Probably not your thing...

    ReplyDelete