Sunday, November 3, 2013

Friends on Film - Hot Pot at Regency Palace

It was snowy and wintery and gross yesterday. So it was a perfect evening to get a group together for hot pot (asian style fondue) at Regency Palace. Thanks to all who made it out, was great to see (and drink and laugh and eat with) you guys!

B&W photos below shot with the Rolleiflex 2.8E on Kodak T-Max 400 film. Looking at these slightly blurry shots, you would think I have ADHD, because I can't focus. Ba dum tish. And if you missed that photography pun, you're not getting the big picture. Har. Sorry, I can't help it if these just develop in my head. I'm on a roll today! Okay, I'll stop before someone shoots me.

Friends on Film - Hot Pot at Regency Palace-8
Liz.

Friends on Film - Hot Pot at Regency Palace-2
Jason.

Friends on Film - Hot Pot at Regency Palace-3
(Hepa)Tytus.

Friends on Film - Hot Pot at Regency Palace-9
The always serious Kathleen, and her equally serious other half, Steve.

Friends on Film - Hot Pot at Regency Palace-1

Friends on Film - Hot Pot at Regency Palace-5
Kenneth. Not sure what happened here, but I think there's a sticky shutter on my Rollei.

Friends on Film - Hot Pot at Regency Palace-7
Bacon. Bacon. Bacon. Bacon. All four food groups.

Friends on Film - Hot Pot at Regency Palace-10
A failed attempt at a selfie - the minimum focus distance on the Rollei is 3 feet, which is farther than my hands could reach.


And just for good measure, here are some digital shots from the evening as well.

Hot Pot at Regency Palace-5
Jason goes trawling for fish and meat in the sea of broth.

Hot Pot at Regency Palace-7
Tytus goes hunting for balls.

Hot Pot at Regency Palace-6
Tytus sticks said balls into mouth.

Hot Pot at Regency Palace-4
The ever serious Kathleen again... and the Missus.

Hot Pot at Regency Palace-10

Hot Pot at Regency Palace-3

Hot Pot at Regency Palace-1
This is to make up for the botched film shot of Ken.

Hot Pot at Regency Palace-9

Hot Pot at Regency Palace-11
Don't worry kiddo, one day, you'll actually develop the motor skills to get the ice cream INTO your mouth. I think I was 15 when that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment