Sunday, May 24, 2015

Go Big or Go Home - Film Camera Snobbery

A group of us got together for some film camera geekery this morning, with the theme being BIG cameras. It turned into a little bit of an absurd "Mine's bigger than yours" display at our coffee shop table. It also reminded me of a conversation I had with Anita: she uses an iPhone 6 plus, so when she recently borrowed my smaller iPhone 6 to check something, she said "It's so small". ... I thought you said it was a good size?!

Anyways, I digress.

Go Big Go Home Film Meeting-1

I ran a few sheets of Ilford HP3 film through my war era Speed Graphic camera, and despite the film being 60 years expired, it still processed with a good tonal range and contrast. With the advanced age, I shot them as if they were ISO 50, and stand developed in Rodinal 1:100 for an hour, using the taco method in a Paterson tank (4 sheets at once).

Go Big Go Home Film Meeting-2

Go Big Go Home Film Meeting-4

Go Big Go Home Film Meeting-3

Go Big Go Home Film Meeting-5
This would be a great group photo if only I didn't suck at getting stuff in focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment