Sunday, June 8, 2014

Nature (and a telemarketer) Calls

We were out for drinks on Friday after work, when I was rudely interrupted by a phone call from the scourge of the earth: telemarketers asking to assess the service I received during my last visit to the bank.

Her: Hello, my name is blah blah blah… conducting a survey about service you received at TD...
Me: I'm sorry, this isn't a good time. I'm in the bathroom. *makes pseudo grunting noise.*
Her: Oh… uh… well, you're in the bathroom? Should I call back, maybe in an hour?
Me: Yeah, I should be done by then.
Her: Uh… okay... enjoy.

I guess I should qualify this: we were sitting at our table, having drinks, and I was not actually in the bathroom. Regardless, she could not have felt more awkward, or rushed to end the call any faster. But the best part was that she had no idea how to extricate herself from this call - she couldn't run through her normal script of 'Thank you for your time' or 'Have a nice day', so she ad libbed the first thing that came to mind: 'enjoy' - aka 'have a good shit.' HAHAHA!!!

I would receive another call from a number I didn't recognize less than an hour later. And in a rare fit of good judgement, I decided against answering with 'I'm still crapping!!!', as it turned out to be a call from a client confirming they wanted me to photograph their corporate headshots.

The Guard of Gyeongbokgung

Above photo taken during the ceremonial changing of the guards at the Gyeongbokgung Palace, with the Kiev88 on Kodak Portra 160. I chose to post this photo tonight, because his stoic expression reminds me of someone who really needs to take a… well, anyways. As the telemarketers like to say, "Enjoy."

No comments:

Post a Comment