Friday, September 11, 2009

Getting my Friday afternoon hate on...

Anyone out there feel like we need to hear more about hockey drama like Balsillie vs. Bettman, NHLPA vs. that guy they fired, and now likely 4 months of where will Sundin sign? Please raise your hands. Now come over here so I can punch you in the jeans (yes, that's a Lonely Islands reference, go listen to that song now - it's hilarious). I'm so EFFING sick of hearing about this pseudo news that's splashed all over the headlines of CBC, and even our local 'ALL NEWS RADIO'. This is NOT news people, it is Melrose Place for hockey fanboys, and is sadly, a very pathetic reflection of what is culturally significant to Canada.

I love hockey, but now I'm thinking it's time to boycott and watch bowling instead. At least with that, they focus on the sport, not the bullshit.

1 comment:

  1. Ya, I stopped watching hockey after the strike. All these professional soap-opera leagues tire me.

    ReplyDelete