Sunday, September 20, 2009

Spaced

I really think being an astronaut would suck. Sure floating around in zero G's would be neat for a while, but once that novelty wears off, then it's just a pain in the ass. Imagine if you sneezed - goobers and spittle aerosolized throughout your pod or shuttle. It'd be like living in one of those Coke misters you see at your local exhibition, only with a refreshing nasal effluent instead of boing old water. And what about when you want to take a leak? It would float around everywhere. And I don't even want to imagine how messy a #2 would be if you had some stomach issues.

But clearly, the worst part of Astronautiness would probably be the food. What's that, Jim? You're not quite full from your steamed vegetables and NY striploin powder? Well how about some freeze dried ice cream for dessert? Appetizing, eh? eh?



While it is obviously a necessity to powder-ify all things food for our astronauts, I really don't understand why someone feels the need to do so for the rest of us on terra firma. But it was clearly a good idea, as it got me to shell out 4 bucks on this crap just so I could take a photo of it at home. Damn you free market economics and your ability to sell me things that I don't need but will buy anyways.

-G

No comments:

Post a Comment