Thursday, September 24, 2009

New Glass

I had a day off, drove down to The Camera Store for a brief look see at their film selection, but ended up at the Nikon gear showcase instead. Because the wife wasn't with me to give that disapproving look, I kind of lost my mind and after toying around with a few bodies and different lenses, I walked out with a Voigtlander Nokton 58mm f/1.4 manual focus lens. For the photo nerds, this lens is a beauty - the manual focus is a pleasure to use. Unlike your typical AF lenses, it has a focus ring that turns nearly the full circumference of the barrel, so fine tuning focus is a breeze. And shot wide open, there is a beautiful soft glow to everything. I LOVE IT!









The lens was sub $500, which Anita was okay with. Unfortunately for her, I was testing it out mounted on a D700 at the store, and I've now decided I need one of those too. Cha-ching. Time to save up!

No comments:

Post a Comment