Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Move

Anyone who knows even the faintest thing about Anita and I would know that we are travel-holics. We yearn for the immediacy of culture shock, the raw emotional highs of touching down at airports half a world away, the sound of foreign languages in regular conversation, the smells of fresh (but not necessarily clean by our standards) fish and produce markets, the forced mental arithmetic of converting prices before deciding to buy kitschy souvenirs, and the frustrating yet exhilarating feeling of getting lost in a maze of cobbled streets that seem to follow no logical city plan. And so, as I sit here transferring files from our old iMac to the new Macbook Air, I find myself waxing nostalgic as I comb through old travel photos of the 25 countries and 70+ cities we've been to in the past 3 years. I feel that stirring to go somewhere exotic again. And it really doesn't help that I just saw this incredibly beautiful video entitled 'MOVE' that captures the visual essence of why I love to travel...

MOVE from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.


Sigh... November and Chile, you can't come soon enough.

And as a quick bonus, here are a couple pictures I never bothered to post from our time in Budapest last year. I love bridges, and this iconic Széchenyi Chain Bridge is right up at the top of my list of favourite ones. Click to view large versions.


No comments:

Post a Comment