Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hannah Georgas, Live at the Republik

If you don't know who Hannah Georgas is, that's okay. I didn't either until I saw a print ad for her show the day before. She's a Canadian based singer/songwriter type, and while those seem to be a $0.10/12, she has a certain sound reminiscent of Feist, with a bit of Amy Millan-ish vocals mixed in as well. I don't feel like writing a full on review of the show from last night - just know that it was pretty good as long as you remembered to check your masculinity at the door (it's a good thing I'm such a girly man and have no problems in this type of environment). A 'Three Inches of Blood' show, this was not.

I liked the Republik as a choice of venue, it was large enough that you weren't packed in like sardines, but small enough to have a very intimate feel. Me thinks I may be hitting up shows here more often, regardless of if I know the band or not.

Hannah Georgas - Live at the Republik

Hannah Georgas - Live at the Republik

Hannah Georgas - Live at the Republik

Hannah Georgas - Live at the Republik

Hannah Georgas - Live at the Republik

Hannah Georgas - Live at the Republik

Hannah Georgas - Live at the Republik

Hannah Georgas - Live at the Republik

Hannah Georgas - Live at the Republik

Hannah Georgas - Live at the Republik

No comments:

Post a Comment