Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"Smut from Around the World"

One of my favourite parts about travelling is that I get to send inappropriate postcards to Dean. See Dean's blog post, 'Smut from around the world' for examples. It all started when I went to Musee D'Orsay in Paris way back when, and came across a painting entitled L'origine du Monde, and I thought, wow, this would be an awesome postcard to send through the mail, if for nothing else than to have some mailman see it and assume Dean was a pervert (FACT). And with that, a tradition was born for every overseas trip we take.

Oh, one other funny overseas mailing thing. Whilst in Portugal, I sent a BB gun in the mail to Dean. Mostly because it was cheap and I wanted it, but was afraid of bringing it home in my luggage. So rather than mailing it to myself, I sent it to Dean with the reasoning that if it was a problem, he'd get in trouble and not me. I'm a great pal.

This photo is completely unrelated, but I love this odd sight of this dude just chilling on a tiny plastic lawn chair in the middle of a street in Ho Chi Minh, watching oncoming traffic. Actually, now that I think of it, this would make for an interesting postcard image too.

Streetside Seating

Photo taken with a Kiev88 CM and Arsat 80mm f/2.8 lens on Ilford XP2 Super400.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, feel free to mail me contraband anytime. Plausible deniability. Or does that go out the window when you post your intentions on the internet? NO MATTER.

    ReplyDelete