Saturday, October 19, 2013

Peeing on the Peonies

I ran a roll of Ilford Delta 3200 through the Leica M6 last weekend while my niece and my bro were visiting for Thanksgiving. Mixed in are a couple of shots of Tubby, my in-laws' dog that we're currently dogsitting while they're off galavanting through SE Asia. Tubby has a funny attraction to the peonies in my backyard... in particular, he has a fondness for peeing on the peonies. I'm not sure why this makes Anita and I laugh so much, but it does.

Thanksgiving Weekend with my niece-9

Thanksgiving Weekend with my niece-8

Thanksgiving Weekend with my niece-1

Thanksgiving Weekend with my niece-2

Thanksgiving Weekend with my niece-3

Thanksgiving Weekend with my niece-4

Thanksgiving Weekend with my niece-6

Thanksgiving Weekend with my niece-5

Thanksgiving Weekend with my niece-7

Thanksgiving Weekend with my niece-10

For the photo nerds: this was developed in Ilfosol 3, 1+9 @ 68 deg. F for 11 minutes. The grain in these negatives is horrendously crunchy (these scans were toned down in Lightroom). What am I doing wrong? I've seen others shoot Delta 3200 and have far nicer/ less grain, and much better retention of tones than these shots. Do I need to change developers? Or is my agitation technique during developing causing this explosion of grain?

No comments:

Post a Comment