Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The BIG Apples

Soooooo... Apple announced the next iPhone(s) yesterday. Who's excited?! Put your hands down, you Apple hating Samsung nerds. I know you're excited, because it's the one day of the year you can pretend to be funny, spouting off 'Welcome to 2013, we had those features last year' jokes. Way to say the same joke year after year. Ironically, your lack of innovation mirrors Apple's technology at the moment... tired, and rehashed.

So who else is excited? Oh, nobody? Yeah, I figured. At this point, the smartphone market has reached a plateau of maturation and saturation, where updates and improvements have gotten evolutionary as opposed to revolutionary. While tech junkies continuously expect life altering leaps in technology, we sigh a collective ho hum when we get served up a not unexpected smartphone equivalent of a new flavour of Cheerios. Oh what's that? Now in Bacon flavour? Greaaaaat. Sign me up.

Having said all that, am I still likely to bow down and kowtow at the altar of the ghost of Steve Jobs and get a phone that's so big, I can't sit down, because it pushes into my pelvis while in my front pocket? Yes. I'm a moron, and I can't help it. Seriously though, the new phones are too big. Check out this article comparing it to an advanced camera.

While we're talking Apple, and phones that are too big, here are a quick few photos from the other Big Apple, NYC. I bought a Rokinon 12mm f/2.0 ultra wide angle while there, and it has become my new favourite lens. All but the first photo were taken with it.

NYC Anonymous-1

NYC Anonymous-5

NYC Anonymous-2

NYC Anonymous-3

NYC Anonymous-4

NYC Anonymous-6

No comments:

Post a Comment