Tuesday, February 24, 2015

_My back goes out more often than I do_

An ode to my pathetic 95 year old lower back:
Another trip to the doctor.
Another 'scrip to the physio.
That's how I roll, yo.
Yep, I managed to strain my back yet again, this time doing the intense activity of setting my niece down onto the couch this weekend. Instant pops, spasms, and searing pain. And my niece isn't exactly monstrous heavy either. How pathetic. Perhaps the most fitting thing I read yesterday was a cartoon captioned, "My back goes out more often than I do." Truth!

Anywho, here are some random iPhone snaps I took this weekend while my bro and said niece were visiting for CNY. Proving once again that the best camera you own is the one you have with you.

Fossils-1
Inverted colour image of a faux fish fossil.

Fossils-3

Ice Crystals
Frost/ ice crystals that formed on my deck railing.

And more importantly, here's a wicked double exposure of my brother and I, as shot by my 7 year old niece using a Diana F+ medium format toy camera and Kodak T-Max 400 film. I'm hoping that out of all my bad habits, film photography will be the one she actually picks up from me.

Two Machs-1
The Two Machs!

No comments:

Post a Comment