Sunday, May 15, 2016

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge

Apparently dragging your petite Asian wife up a mountain a day after she donated blood is detrimental to your marital health. Anita looked like a zombie the entire way up, ashen faced and blank expressioned. I was starting to worry about her when I noticed she was responding to my queries of "Are you feeling okay?" with incomprehensible grunts, before collapsing in exhaustion. Only after we stopped for a break and I heard her say "I wish I packed an ice cream sandwich," did I know that my little piglet was still alive inside the otherwise unrecognizable catatonic shell.

Even with the physical setbacks of not having enough blood to oxygenate her entire body, she soldiered up Nihahi Ridge today for our fifth summit of the season (and it's only mid-May!), making decent time on the roughly 730m+ elevation gain. The initial hike was pleasant enough, but the recent snowfall of this past week made for a sketchy scramble up top at the narrow summit ridge.

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -17

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -18

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -2

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -4

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -5

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -6
This is that zombie-like expression I'm talking about.

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -7

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -8

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -9

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -10
A minor traffic jam along the narrow ridge up to the summit.

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -11

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -12

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -13

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -14

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -15

Scrambles - Nihahi Ridge -16

No comments:

Post a Comment