Sunday, September 6, 2015

Strangers in the City - Andreja

Have you ever wondered what the chemical structure of a caffeine molecule etched into your skin would look? Or how much hair it actually takes to turn into a man-bun? Yeah, me neither, but I'm going to show you anyways. Last Sunday, Tytus and I were out for 'a drink,' the events of which eventually lead to me snapping these photos before semi-passing out on the bus home (yeah, I was 'THAT GUY'). My cousin Vi was like, 'Who goes drinking before noon on Sunday?!'

National - Strangers in the City-1

National - Strangers in the City-2
Tytus the Beerbarian, sporting quite the mop.

National - Strangers in the City-5
You need at least that much hair to start a man-bun. FYI.

National - Strangers in the City-6
Keep Calm and Pour It On - an official shirt straight from the Sriracha factory in Irwindale.

It's been a long time since I've approached a stranger to ask to take their portrait, but I had the opportunity while we were out at National on 17th. I will admit to being completely smashed at this point, but I still nailed focus: this is Andreja, who sported some crazy painful looking scarification/ etching on the upper arm and thigh. I can't say I'll understand why someone would do this, but who am I to judge.

National - Strangers in the City-3

National - Strangers in the City-4
That's a caffeine molecule, etched (not tattooed) into the skin.

All photos taken with the Rolleiflex 2.8E on Kodak Tri-X, souped in Rodinal for 7:00 at 68 deg. F.

No comments:

Post a Comment