Sunday, August 30, 2015

LAX

I'm charting largely unfamiliar waters this week, living the bachelor life while Anita's away. It's like going a week without internet... sort of liberating, yet largely boring at the same time. Mostly, I just don't know what to do with myself. I envisioned a productive week of half completed projects finally getting some attention, but the reality thus far has been a parade of beer, cheetos, and falling asleep to movies I've already watched too many times.

Enough with that. Here are some photos from our trip to LA in July, where we did nothing but eat and drink to excess.

LAX-10
Crab claw bloody mary from Venice Whaler, on Venice Beach.

LAX-14
A build your own Bloody Mary I made at The Attic in Long Beach. This was for breakfast.

LAX-15
I need this is my house. We went here to try a bloody mary served out of a Campbell's Soup can, but they discontinued it. Inventive bloody mary streak broken!

LAX-12
A selection of east and west coast oysters.

LAX-13
I'm always fascinated by each variety's very different and distinct shell morphology.

LAX-11

LAX-9
The closest we got to seeing a celebrity - foodies will recognize Roy Choi, celebrated food truck innovator.

LAX-8
The famous Kogi food truck.

LAX-5
Latte art in Koreatown.

LAX-4
Hello Kitty latte.

LAX-6
Coffee science.

LAX-7

LAX-3
Breakfast at the uber busy Eggslut in Grand Central Market, downtown LA.

LAX-2
The 'slut' - a coddled egg on top of a smooth potato purée, poached in a glass jar.

LAX-1
A most delicious breakfast sandwich - warm and fluffy brioche, turkey sausage, and a golden runny yolk sunny side egg bursting out after biting into it.

LAX-16
Grilled avocados. Why hadn't I thought of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment